Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
New from The cHealth Blog:
by Joseph Kvedar, MD
- Is the End of Search the Beginning of Personalized Prevention?
“Why have we not managed to devote the kind of resources Google is devoting to personalized search to personalized prevention? For instance, if I can use your genetic analysis to predict your risk for type 2 diabetes and create a uniquely motivating self management program for you, who will find that economically appealing? You? The government? Your employer? Your health plan? Your doctor? It’s not so clear….” Read More
- Is Design Important In Healthcare?
“I’ve been in the healthcare delivery business now for 30 years and I can confidently say we’ve paid almost no attention to design. Systems are built around physicians’ desires and workflows, and physicians tend to be quantitative, content-focused and able to handle multiple variables at once. Perhaps that is why we have not put a premium on design. As we get closer to a world where we are engaging patients in their own health outcomes, design will be much more critical….” Read More
New from Reflections on Connected Health:
Health Lifestyles and Connected Health
by Tim Hale, PhD
“The concept of health lifestyles can be expanded beyond traditional health behaviors to include emerging technology habits. A current challenge in developing successful connected health programs is finding ways to improve patient adoption and long-term engagement. Using a health lifestyle framework may provide useful insights into how people use connected health technology and incorporate it into their daily routines….” Read More
Join us for our next Tweet Chat: June 19
Join Tim Hale, PhD (Research Fellow at the Center for Connected Health) on June 19 from 12:30-1:00 PM ET for a tweet chat on emerging digital lifestyles & technology habits. Ask him your questions and share your thoughts on the topic. Use the hashtag #cHealthchat and follow us on Twitter: @h_a_l_e and @connectedhealth.
Join us for our 10th annual Connected Health Symposium & Expo: October 24-25, Boston, MA
Entitled: Collaborations and Innovations to Engage Patients and Elevate Care, and featuring renowned keynoters, Symposium 2013 is a milestone event, promising high value education and plentiful networking opportunities. Early-bird registration and flexible exhibit opportunities are open. We will see you in October!
Blueprint Health Summer Application Is Open
Blueprint Health’s summer program that starts on July 8 is accepting applications for healthcare start-ups. Blueprint Health is a healthcare focused accelerator program based in NYC that helps early stage healthcare companies get started by providing access to a community of mentors, customers, and capital. Their companies have raised over $10 million in seed capital from some of the most well-known and respected healthcare VCs and angels. Dr. Joseph Kvedar is a Blueprint Health mentor. Companies and floating founders can apply by visiting www.blueprinthealth.org.
Stay Connected with Us:
Here are 4 upcoming events that may be of interest to you:
- Massachusetts Health Council’s Annual Meeting Breakfast
June 18, Boston, MADr. Stuart Altman, Board Chairman, Massachusetts Health Policy Commission, will discuss the Commission’s progress in meeting the requirements of Chapter 224 to control health care costs. Following the Keynote address will be a reactor panel of provider hospitals (teaching, small community hospital, large Medicaid population hospital), an ACO, and a community health center.
- Global Challenges and Opportunities Facing Children, Youth & Families June 19-22, Boston, MAWheelock College’s international conference offers: keynote speakers who are changing the world, including Cherie Blair, Kerry Kennedy, Ogmundur Jonasson, Emiliana Vegas, Deogratias Niyizonkiza, Ebrahim Rasool, and Kevin Carroll; 150 internationally-recognized experts on 35+panels on human rights, health, and education; spotlights on innovation and solutions in action around the world; opportunities for networking and collaboration with global citizens. Dr. Joseph Kvedar, Director of the Center for Connected Health, is a speaker.
- 5th Tufts Summer Institute on Digital Strategies for Health Communication July 14-19, Boston, MAOffered through the Health Communication Program at Tufts University School of Medicine, Tufts faculty and distinguished guest speakers will provide insight on how to use research-based methodologies to produce effective digital communication and an enhanced online presence. Dr. Joseph Kvedar, Director of the Center for Connected Health, is a guest lecturer.
- mHealth + Telehealth World – July 24-26, Boston, MAThe mHealth World Congress joins the Telehealth Summit to showcase solutions for mobile and connected health care. Both are essential to achieve accessibility, interoperability and sustainability in consumer and accountable care models, with the goal of transforming the delivery of care and improving ROI. Dr. Joseph Kvedar, Director of the Center for Connected Health, is a speaker. Receive a $200 discount off the prevailing fee by using code TEG677 when prompted.